Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day MEAL - Nigerian Style - HUSBAND'S WAY!

FYI, Nigeria is very diversified; that means menu and recipe may vary according to region, ethnic group and palate of individuals. I am from the East married to a Westerner. Meals in my home cut accross all tribes and regions of Nigeria, sometimes with my chef spin on it. Meals may not be typical all the time.

Today's menu is all about my husband who, if possible would have Fried egg & Cheese on a bread, Goatmeat, Rice, Stew and Pounded Yam aka Pando and Okra Soup aka Draw Soup for breakfast lunch and dinner. Or as a menu cyle for entire year! My goal as his wife is to use ingredients he likes and infuse vegies and other healthy foods to one QUICK & TASTY MEAL! Today being a Father's Day; I and the kids are sure to make it all about him and his likes - Happiest man ever! Guess what? he's asking; why can't I have these everyday? The answer is NO Sir!


FRIED EGG/CHEESE ON A BAGEL (BREAKFAST IN BED)


 
 
BOILED PLANTAIN/GOATMEAT STEW & STEAMED BROCCOLI (LUNCH)
 
 

 
 
GOATMEAT OKRA SOUP W/ PANDO (DINNER)

1 comment: