Friday, July 25, 2014

Egg white-Spinach Omelette

PK Blog 001

I cook and blog what I will eat and sometimes what you like to eat because you have become part of my world...is n't that cool? very cool
I woke up this morning by 4:30 am to be specific. Dashed to my car to bring in some back to school stuffs I had purchased for my kids and could n't bring all in because I was tired...and all parents say......amen! Back to school crazy sales eh?
anyway,
After bringing them in, I knew if I go near my computer, I will end up not working out this am. I dashed out for good 30 minutes hill walk...Geeeeeeez...you know the feeling? if you are not careful, there's always a temptation to grab any available food and replace that calorie you just walked off!
Then what?
My simple breakfast egg white-spinach omelette with a non fat Chobani yogurt...now my side of multigrain toast is a suggestive serving only, I did not eat that, because I got full once I finished my scrumptious omelette, yogurt and as you know, a cup of French Roast Starbucks Black Coffee.
Advise?
Don't skip breakfast! you hear me? I don't care what anybody tells you...especially if you are a workaholic like me. Also uncooked, Under-cooked or unpasteurized egg can cause SALMONELLA!!! Beware!
let's get to it, this is how I made it;
Bacon
2 strips of bacon (Very optional; this was for my son who is a baconator)! Note: Every thing on this plate is perfect size to a complete meal. I just got full after omelette/yogurt/coffee.
Preheat non stick skillet grill to medium temperature. Layer bacon and let it cook in its fat till golden brown on both side. Remove and place in a plate lined with paper towel. You can totally cook bacon in a skillet...your choice.
Spinach Filling
1 packed full cup of baby spinach
1 tsp of Priscilla's All Purpose Seasoning (reason I didn't add this to egg is because it'll change color of egg).
1 tbsp minced onions
1 minced red jalapeno pepper (oportional; Priscilla's AP seasoning is sufficient for non heat lovers).
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Direction
Preheat a non-stick skillet on medium temp. Add oil, onions, pepper and saute for till translucent (no browning).
Add seasoning, spinach and salt to taste. Reduce heat, cover and let spinach very slightly wilt. Stir and take off heat. (Residual heat will wilt it further).
Egg White Omelette
3 fresh cracked Pasteurized egg whites
salt to taste
1 tsp water
1 tbsp canola oil (my preference because my usual olive oil would have impacted its fruity flavor) which I don't want.
Direction
Your best bet is a non stick 5" pan (use larger size if cooking more quantity).
Add 1 tbsp oil and heat to medium temperature
Combine egg white, salt and 1 tsp water and whisk for 1 good minute (it makes finished product fluffy and rises in volume due to air beat in). Pour into pan. Just swirl pan round for even shape. As it starts to coagulate (react to heat), use plastic spatula and dig through pan as though you are lifting egg, let runny part flow under pan (you are sort of lifting cooked part to let uncooked part go under to to touch pan and cook) If you follow this direction, you will not alter the shape of omelette.Reduce heat to very low and cover to cook till firm.
Add spinach filling in one single line towards one end (this is so that when you slide into a plate, it'll be easy to fold over it without tearing egg or filling falling off from egg).
The heat, flavorful liquid from spinach? justifies why you may need the bread to sup up all that goodness!
Once you are done, all your senses will be awake, asking you what do you want to accomplish today? LET'S DO IT!
...that simple! all from my KITCHEN!!!!!!! enjoy a TASTY DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment