Monday, July 21, 2014

Peppered Gizzard & Salad in Yam Cup




Call me crazy...I made regular yam pepper soup yesterday in my house and had 2 pieces of cooked yams left. As you know, no waste in my kitchen, if I can't transform it, no one can...trash owns such waste eventually. It is obvious no one will want to eat it in same form/style. Ding ding ding! I grabbed a grater and grated yams into a bowl. It became fluffy and  pliable. I cracked in one fresh egg and whisked to lighten dough. If too wet, add little all purpose flour. Season batter with pinch of salt and 1 tsp Priscilla's All Purpose Seasoning and stir to combine. I sprayed  my  



funky individual cake pan generously, filled it with batter, leveled it, pressed batter to completely cover diameter of pan shape. I baked it in a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes. Let slightly cool. Use a knife and run through edge of each cup for easy release, invert and it should pop right out...the indent inside the pan forms the cup we need for the fillings to go in...cool eh?

Then comes the tantalizing filling...since we don't do lots of veggies. I take it personal to add right proportion of veggie to whatever carb or grain I'm serving that is Nigerian. So, the filling consist of fried gizzard that has been tossed in Priscilla's Ready Stew, Shaved cucumber and sliced grape tomatoes  that has been seasoned with drizzle of oil, salt and fresh cracked black pepper. 
Plating...
Nigerians love Heinz Salad Cream and so do I...Smear dish with cream, place yam cup, fill with gizzard, veggies and drizzle cream over it. Dot line with peppered sauce...cream and heat? can't go wrong!

PK TIPS OF THE WEEK
1. Make sure every layer or component of your meal is seasoned. Any unseasoned one might dis-harmonize your entire dish.

2. Try to compliment or contrast components of your meal or courses of meal by way of flavor, texture, characteristics or color.  - It brings balance to the palate.

3. Don't just cook, cook tasty!

Have a TASTY week ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment