Sunday, July 6, 2014

Soothe Me Soup

Today is one of such days...moody, trying so hard to not let my feelings weigh me down. I found out after awhile that it is alright to permit myself to cry, feel bad or exhale!!!!! Only then I can inhale new positive energy and strength again...feel me?
Then of course cooking is therapeutic for me. The problem became "what am i cooking? Don't feel like any heavy meal nor do I want any cultural affiliation...have you ever felt like that? Well...a little freezer and pantry raid made this happen. I coined it soothe me soup or meal because it is a spicy broth that has a capacity to knock off all ill feelings in me or you and propel me or you to "feeling great and move forward kinda feeling you know"!

you need;

1-15.5 oz can of white beans-drained and rinsed
1 cup shredded carrots
2 Knorr cubes
salt to taste
1 large lemon zest and juice
1 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
3 green habanero pepper chopped
2-6oz whole red snapper - cleaned and washed
6 cups water
1 large onions-small diced
1 tbsp garlic/ginger paste.

Direction
combine all ingredients except cilantro and fish; in a sauce pan and bring to a rolling boil. check for seasoning and ensure it's very flavorful. Add fish and cook for 25 minutes. Add cilantro and take off heat.  no oil,no stress and you'll be soothed like I was!

Let me know what you think after you tried it!
here you go...



FYI...vegans, you can omit the fish and add pan fried tofu cubes and it will be just delicious and soothing!

Adhi-ni-ooo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment